Exciting opportunities for careers in a rapidly expanding global internet service provider, available today. Take a look below to find out about current vacancies.
1st Line Support Engineer
Permanent / Full Time / Contracted Shifts
Lawford Heath Earth Station,
With the rapid expansion of the globally known but independent, Satellite Earth Station located in Lawford Heath, Rugby; a new 1st Line Support Engineer is required to join the ever-growing operations centre team, in order to assist in providing excellent hands on and technical support for a wide range of services to a variety of high capacity clients.
Reporting to the NOC Manager, the successful applicant will be required to assist in many of the daily operations and monitoring of the site and all of its services on a required 24/7 rotational basis.
The role of the 1st Line Support Engineer includes service monitoring, 1st line support and troubleshooting of all the RF & IP based equipment at the Earth Station. The role also includes assisting in commissioning of all new services for new and existing clients, troubleshooting, detailed fault finding and coherent logical thinking; to ensure service quality is maintained within all service level requirements.
This would be an ideal position for students and recent graduates who are looking to enter the world of satellite telecommunications.
- Monitor & maintain all infrastructure applications of the Earth Station
- Monitor & Maintain a variety of client circuits and service links, as and when required, including technologies such as DVB, SCPC, iDirect & Vipersat, and any other platform in use.
- Provide a rapid and responsive technical support to all clients a timely and efficient manner.
- Track all faults as and when they occur and assist in resolving them.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of all Earth Station operations.
- Assist in installation and removal of equipment and cabling as required.
- Work in an ever-growing team to fulfil the organisations 24/7 operating service – flexible rotating shift pattern applied to ensure business needs filled.
- A technical background, such as IT, Electrical or RF, etc.
- For students – learning/graduate of a degree in any relatable technical subject.
- Very competent in full MS Office products and very efficient in email and web applications.
- Very high accuracy in work, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
Preferred Experience in the following:
- Electronic/Electrical Equipment and Technologies.
- Computer Network Hardware and Technologies.
- Computer Software Applications and Technologies
- Knowledge and use of with Monitoring and Control Systems.
- RF/IF Test & Measurement Practices.
- Use of Spectrum Analysers and Oscilloscopes.
- Working with DVB/SCPC carriers.
- Working with Baseband Equipment such as Modems.
- Working with communication and monitoring Antennas and RF equipment.
- Working with Network Equipment and Technologies.
Full Clean UK Driving License.
Full Basic Disclosure and Barring Services Check.
Live within 1 Hour of Rugby.
This position is a superb opportunity for graduates with or without experience who are looking to develop a career in the exciting field of Satellite Communications at one of the largest, privately owned Earth stations, located in the heart of the Midlands just outside the ever-growing town of Rugby.
Successful candidates will benefit from full related training of necessary technologies, regardless of current knowledge and benefit from having a solid career development. A relocation package may be available (subject to discussion).
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below.
Opportunities Disclaimer: Satellite Mediaport Services Ltd. is fully committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and are valued. As part of this commitment, all candidates are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities. That being said; due to the high volume of applications, we may only contact those who have successful applications. We thank you for your understanding.